Monday, December 5, 2011

Coach Spotlight - Our fearless leader!

Name:  Lisa Hemmie
Hometown: Milan, MI
Years with MIX:  Forever

Cheer Experience:  Too old to remember… started in high school and ended in Cali.

Where do you get your inspiration to be competitive cheer coach?  I get inspired everyday by the people around me, the athletes, the staff, and my colleagues.  I am blessed to have met so many wonderful people in the cheer and dance community from the local friends to gyms overseas.  Everyone has something unique to contribute.  The never ending journey of learning - that is inspiration.

What is your most memorable “cheer moment”?  Hands down at GLCC - my overactive bladder stimulated by the ridiculously wonderful performances of the day…I still blame Dwayne and Isiah.

What do you love about Premier Athletics - Michigan Xtreme?  The community.  I love the people I work with locally and at Corporate headquarters.  Everyone is so passionate in their own way.  We all get frustrated together, celebrate together, and get inspired together… and sometimes spend too much time together...ha ha ...family in every way!

What keeps you busy when you’re not at the gym?  I’m always at the gym or working on the gym!  I try to get family time in every spare moment and I love theater and film.

FUN stats:
Favorite movie:  Star Wars, hands down.  Best movie ever.
Dream vacation spot:  England...wait, I’ve been there!
Coolest celebrity I’ve ever met:  I’ve met several… Barry Williams, hilarious man!!!!  Bette Midler, nicest woman on the planet - she took care of my daughter Keila when she got sick at Bette’s album signing!
Three things you can’t live without:  Phone, phone, phone.
My dream job:  I’m living the life.
Lucky number:  7
Little known fact about me:  If I told it wouldn’t be a little known fact. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment