Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cheerlebrity Maddie Gardner!

Michigan Xtreme was treated to a surprise visit by Cheerlebrity Maddie Gardner!    

Here she is pictured with the Georgeson girls.  More on Maddie below…

From the Varsity All Star website:

Full around ball-up to left stretch tick-tock to right stretch.   Is that sequence in your cheerleading arsenal?

Full around ball-up to left stretch tick-tock to right stretch - was a highlight at The Cheerleading Worlds in 2010.  And what a highlight it was as everyone in the Milk House jumped to their feet in applause for Maddie Gardner and her full around ball-up to left stretch tick-tock to right stretch which helped to ensure Cheer Extreme's Large Senior team took home gold medals.  Maddie Gardner is a cheerlebrity.

Born in the small town of Mount Airy, NC, "where everybody knows you and will do anything for you", Maddie was first introduced to cheerleading at the age of 4 - she loved watching the high school cheerleaders and desperately wanted to be the mascot.  But when all star cheerleading showed up on her radar, she knew she had found her calling.  Maddie didn't want to be inside a mascot costume she wanted to shine on the competition floor.

At age 6, Maddie went to Cheer Extreme and her love for cheerleading developed into an all out passion.  Never one to shy away from hard work, Maddie dedicated her time and developed her talents with the help of the Cheer Extreme Staff.  Maddie lights up when she talks about her coach, "Courtney Smith-Pope taught me so much in my first few years at Cheer Extreme.  Today I am still learning not only about my sport, but myself."

To date, all of her major accomplishments and memorable moments have revolved around cheerleading.  She's been a recognizable athlete for Cheer Extreme for many years.  During her three years on the L5 junior all girl team, her team took first place at NCA All Star Nationals in 2005.  Shortly thereafter she was asked to join the Senior Elite L5 All Girl team.  "She takes emotional presence to a new level when she performs.  She's an innovator, risk taker, and conscientious teammate" says Courtney Smith-Pope."

Maddie's a leader.  She takes on leadership roles not only with her all star cheer team, but also with her school team where she's cheered for three years.   She's a junior in high school and has been captain for her school team for the past two years.   Leadership doesn't stop with cheerleading for this young athlete as she also takes an active role in her community.  When she's not cheering or doing schoolwork, you'll find Maddie volunteering at the local hospital and participating in fundraisers for various charities and organizations.  She is an active member of student government and the Interact Service Club.  Maddie is a self-proclaimed perfectionist, "I strive for excellence in my school work and never settle for anything less than perfect in all that I do."

Upon graduation Maddie plans to attend college and one day become a broadcast journalist.  Aside from her obvious determination and passion for cheerleading she attributes much of her success to her friends and family.  "My friends are awesome and I have the greatest, most supportive family anyone could ask for.  The people I meet through cheerleading keep me motivated not only in my sport but in my life.  I wouldn't be where I am today without the love and encouragement I have received from the people who surround me."

Athletes like Maddie, who excel on and off the mat, are an inspiration to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment